Author Topic: MyPTCClicks Moving To A New Home  (Read 2201 times)

• President & CEO ~ BCE
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • John Shachter - Black Cat Enterprises
  • Referrals: 5
    • MyPTCClicks.com
    • Email
MyPTCClicks Moving To A New Home
« on: May 22, 2009, 02:52:14 PM »
Hey Everyone:

First, I want to apologize for not being on much.  With the state of the economy, I had been forced to seek other "outside" work to help supplement my work online.  That being said: I have still been putting many hours on line - building MyPTCClick.com into a place where our advertisers and members can call home.

Over the past few weeks, we have added several new key features: in hopes to provide even better service to our members and advertisers.  Most notably of these, has been the addition of our Trouble Ticket & Knowledge Base System.  This will give everyone out there a better way to get the information that they need.  This will, in time, replace not only the FAQ section: but also the e-mail communication.  This last bit, is especially of interest - as with e-mails: I am the only one who can see them.  This will allow other members in our team the ability to act upon the the tickets; thus providing an even quicker response time.

The biggest, and most current change thus far though, has been our move to a new Virtual Private Server (VPS) owned by us.  Our previous home, although a wonderful place, started experiencing problems because of our site.  Apparently, because of our continued growth (nearly 2000 members) and bandwidth usage (44.44gb in April alone): we were taxing our current host to the point of knocking them off line several times.

We were asked if we could find a new home for our site ASAP.  This was asked on 5/18, and after checking out several systems: we decided to stay with the hosting company that I had another VPS at.  The problem with our other VPS, is that it used Plesk as the control panel: and as we were also going to be leasing out space; we wanted a server with cPanel.  This would make it much easier for people to use: as cPanel is more intuitive, and user friendly - especially for the novice user.  So we purchased a new VPS with cPanel & WHM: to meet our immediate and future needs as well.

Thanks to the hard work of several key individuals (you all know who you are): we should have this system up and running sometime late today: once everything goes through the system.  I am sorry that it has taken so long; but we were experiencing some problems with DNS issues; but these should be resolved now.

Thank you to everyone for your patience with us; and for making MyPTCClicks what it is...and what it continues to be: one of the best PTC sites out there.

John
Owner & Admin
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 02:56:07 PM by dongatto63 »

advertise here