Author Topic: WordLinx  (Read 11531 times)

• Sir (...soon) (maybe)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 17
  • Referrals: 33
    • Visit me
Re: WordLinx
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2010, 02:03:06 AM »
Not for me (FireFox)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2010, 03:58:15 AM »
Lol, Papai, I also use ff and it shows as attack site for me!

• Junior
  • Thank You
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2010, 06:00:59 AM »
 talk:

Yes, it appear a warning in firefox about wordlinx marqued as an attacking site? my region is north american where are you from?

:mmmm

• Sir (...soon) (maybe)
  • Thank You
    • Visit me
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2010, 10:27:32 AM »
 :-\ It is showing now.

To  swim: or not to  swim:... this is the question...

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2010, 12:59:45 PM »
well i did nead to remove the wordlinx ad from my site beckuse i get warning about malware on my site from wordlinx.

and i see the warning at many other site beastclickcash pplinx ptcgonewild and many other i cant surf all ads when i come to the wordlinx ad.

also when i try get to the site it says the same. scamf:

so i would say all owners that have any kind of wordlinx ad on theri site remove it. :)

even the wordlinx  banner i get warning my site has malware from wordlinx

so somting is on wordlinx now that is not good hope they fix it soon :)

• Sir (...soon) (maybe)
  • Thank You
    • Visit me
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2010, 01:26:36 PM »
I ignored the warning because it looks like the problem does not come from homepage or surf page.
Can be something in their blog or an ad already gone.
This is  one of the  vectors: *ptima227.ipq.co (* is "o") that google says that also infected talkptc.com

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 29
  • Referrals: 49
    • Email
Re: word linx
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2010, 01:45:44 PM »
i am sure they will have it fixed soon,  until they do we have removed word linx from talkptc

This is a quote from word linx on twitter

We assure all members we have no malicious software running on our site. We are working with our host to find the cause of the warnings.
about 2 hours ago via web

Malware update. OpenX was loading data from other sites onto our pages. We have now stopped this. word linx is now safe to use again.
5:41 AM Oct 18th via web

Some members have reported seeing malware warnings on our site. We are currently investigating to find the cause of this.
5:25 AM Oct 18th via web

http://twitter.com/    word linx
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 01:49:20 PM by Aurora »

• Thank You
    • Email
Re: word linx
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2010, 01:48:50 PM »
I think you have right :-bd

i did have the same problem with one meamber that have adverting her blog at my site for moths.

the only thing that was neaded to say my site was not safe was that she have a banner on my site and did put up a new banner on her blog to a site that must have a bad ad from a meamber  :)

so somtimes the most silly things says that site has malware even f it not come from that site is only a banner up to a site that has a bad banner lol :D

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 29
  • Referrals: 49
    • Email
Re: wordlinx
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2010, 10:29:03 PM »
Malware update. Google have now rescanned WordLinx and have confirmed it is safe to use. All warnings have been removed.
about 3 hours ago via web

Malware warnings.

Over the last few days, many users have had malware warnings from our site. Obviously, WordLinx does not host any such software, so we started a full investigation.

We asked our host to run a full check over the site, but after scanning through all the files they said WordLinx was clean, which we’d also found.

However, piecing together members’ virus software reports, we discovered that our OpenX software (used to control the banners on our site) may have been allowing malware to be distributed through data from exterior sites. We therefore set OpenX only to allow banners from our site, which we thought had fixed the issue.

However, as the malware was using openx.net as an intermediary, the warnings continued as our pages use includes from the site. You can see Google’s report here and other OpenX users experiencing the same issue here.

We have now completely removed OpenX from our server and we are in the process of creating our own distribution software to display banners in future. All current site base banners have been removed until further notice. Any time remaining for users with current campaigns has been ‘frozen’ until the new system is setup.

Thank you to all our members for your patience and understanding while this issue was resolved. Special thanks all the members that sent us detailed reports, which helped us to discover the cause.

http://wordlinx.com/blog/2010/10/19/malware-warnings/

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2010, 11:18:40 PM »
 :D wow that was fast they solve that  <:-P

advertise here