Author Topic: How do you successfully advertise affiliate or referral links on ptc sites?  (Read 2947 times)

• Feel free to connect with me
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
  • Veteran Paid to Click Member and Affiliate
  • Referrals: 2
    • Ryan's Paid to Click reviews site
You something I've been struggling to figure out is: how do you effectively advertise affiliate links on paid to click sites (such as Clixsense).   Do you advertise the link directly?  For example, how do you go about advertising ebooks (such as Magnetic Sponsoring)?  Also, if any of you do network marketing (or downline systems) such as GDI, Stiforp, or others, how do you effectively advertise those on paid to click sites?  For example, last month, I did an ad campaing advertising my Global Domains Intl replicated site on the Clixgrid campaign, and while I did get hits on my link, I never got leads or sign ups and wonder what I could have done differently.  By the way, do any of you advertise affiliate or referral links on paid to click sites?  If so, how do you get a good conversion rate.  Also, how much do you usually invest in advertising before you get results?  Any tips could be helpful.

• Sir (...soon) (maybe)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 17
  • Referrals: 33
    • Visit me
I suppose you know the first steps but there it goes, anyway.
Don't use javascript. Use only html page.
Never use meta redirection.
Don't use heavy images. Only few in gif in few colors. Site must load fast.
Straght to the point. No such things like "I will show you how this or that".
Advertise for clickers and / or for kids. I think that e-books don't fit ptc.... Unless something noob like "how to get refs"....
I have seen a global equivalence of about 1%or 2% of signups, whatever expensive and few ads or cheap and a large amount of ads for referral links of new sites. Sabbie knows it better.
For old sites you may expect something like one or two sign ups per 1000 ads... if you are lucky.
I don't know about GDI, Stiforp, or others alike.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 12:47:17 PM by PapaiMark »

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
  • Referrals: 0
I have the same problems...Though I have some sign ups, they never click.
I wonder why they sign up through my link but not even click an ad and then gone forever...

• Reviewer
  • Thank You
  • BuxEnz.info
    • BuxEnz.info - Get Paid to Reviews and more...
    • Email
You something I've been struggling to figure out is: how do you effectively advertise affiliate links on paid to click sites (such as Clixsense).   Do you advertise the link directly?  For example, how do you go about advertising ebooks (such as Magnetic Sponsoring)?  Also, if any of you do network marketing (or downline systems) such as GDI, Stiforp, or others, how do you effectively advertise those on paid to click sites?  For example, last month, I did an ad campaing advertising my Global Domains Intl replicated site on the Clixgrid campaign, and while I did get hits on my link, I never got leads or sign ups and wonder what I could have done differently.  By the way, do any of you advertise affiliate or referral links on paid to click sites?  If so, how do you get a good conversion rate.  Also, how much do you usually invest in advertising before you get results?  Any tips could be helpful.

I believe that the biggest reason that your campaign failed, was GDI itself. This company stayed almost the same for over a decade! Their services are poor and expensive compared to their competitors. For example GoDaddy obviously offers a lot more for a much cheaper price. The only real reason left to join GDI is their MLM program but even that is one of worst MLM programs between those that reliable MLM companies offer. You need 10 people in your downline in order to break even while the rest require only 3 to 5.

Also getting a campaign that will give you results on the spot at PTCs is a little bit tricky. You have to guess what exactly those that click want and this is very hard because most of them just want to click on the next ad. Every time I tried something like this, I failed. So, I prefer to advertise something like my website or a referral builder and get a few referrals every time that will bring me results over time…

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
  • Referrals: 14
if you ask me there are too many new sites
people want to join as many as they can so they signup and before they manage to click there is another new site for them to join so they forget the first one

i only advertise 1 ref link at a time so its easier for me to see what site gets good results
i believe there is a difference in advertising an old or a new site
you can advertise new sites anywhere to get refs,  as clixsense and neosux have most members they are a good but expensive choice but probably a lot of other people will make the same choice
i go for advertising on aurora because i can advertise for days at a lot of different sites for a lot than a few thousand clicks on cs or neo

if your looking for refs for old sites or advertising a blog with lots of links i think repeat visits will work a lot better so advertise at a site that has the same kind of members as the site your advertising
by that i  mean if your advertising bux you advertise on bux or aurora and if your advertising aurora you advertise on aurora because bux members want higher earnings and are reluctant to join auroras. 
just check the sites for the best ad deals because they basically all have the same members so there is not much difference

i do believe it is getting harder every day to advertise and get active refs   :'(

buxenz,  i like your site  ;D   but the sites you have must be really hard to get refs 

• Reviewer
  • Thank You
  • BuxEnz.info
    • BuxEnz.info - Get Paid to Reviews and more...
    • Email
buxenz,  i like your site  ;D   but the sites you have must be really hard to get refs

Hey, thank you!!! I do get a few refs here and there but I definitely need to post about more websites.

I just don't have much time and right now and there are a lot of websites that I want to post about...

EDIT:

i go for advertising on aurora because i can advertise for days at a lot of different sites for a lot than a few thousand clicks on cs or neo

Is there an advertising package for spreading your ad at a lot of different aurora sites (that co-operate) or you just buy an advertising package at each aurora site you want to place an ad?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 08:19:30 PM by BuxEnz »

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
  • Referrals: 14

Is there an advertising package for spreading your ad at a lot of different aurora sites (that co-operate) or you just buy an advertising package at each aurora site you want to place an ad?
[/quote]

i wish there were a bunch of sites that co-operate but unfortunately they don't   ;D
there are a few owners with a lot of sites but it doesn't make sense to buy those packages because mostly members will be the same on all the sites

i just check forums for special offers and good deals, then contact the owners on their sites coz i refuse to join certain forums
its completely beyond me why the admins only offer specials on forums and not on their own sites ........
i guess they don't like their own members    =:))

lately advertising sux unless your advertising a very new (bux)site so i mainly advertise sites with good ptp so at least i get paid even if i don't get a lot of refs   ;)

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
  • Affiliate/Network Marketer & Blogger From Germany
    • DownlineTrafficBuilder
    • Email
My tip is to always use a landing page & autoresponder and collect their email adress to build a list of subscribers and build a relationship with that list by giving away free value like training videos (recorded by you!), free softwares or ebooks before inviting them to your PTC or any business opportunity.

Never just send people to your ref link when buying traffic or you will always have a bad return on investment.

Introduce yourself and invite them to connect with you on facebook etc for better communication and always share your results with your subscribers.

On PTC sites I use advertisements like "how to get referrals" or reveal "my secret traffic strategies" to get them enter their email adress and make them use my strategies.

Works also great on Traffic Exchanges!  ;)

• Thank You
PTC's... a good place of advertisement... for what exactly?

Newer GPT/PTC sites that are... or soon will be... scammy?... or just utterly fail because the 'person' running it having 'lost his shirt' investing in someone else's PTC... one who manages to scrounge up a couple of hundred dollars and thinks that he knows best.

IF, and that is a big if, PTC site was such a "good place of advertisement" do you not think that there would be at least some global businesses, quite literally kicking down the doors to advertise on PTC... businesses like Coca-Cola, MacDonald's restaurants, Ford Motors, MasterCard or Visa, etc... but nope not one major (or minor for that matter) traditional business... sees enough value in catching the eyes of PTC members for them to spend 1 single penny there... unless it happens by accident (having their Google ads appear on a site being promoted via PTC.

nothing personal to anyone in this conversation ... but, the vast majority of people involved in PTC/PTR/PTS sites have so little understanding of the reality and proper use of these type sites that it isn't surprising that since 1999 when the first site like this launched... over 97% of sites failed completely...  and less than 0.2% of all the participants actually make a profit... only 1.34% even reach break-even. (and BTW, those percentages include the people actually running the sites)

Almost everyone asks me "Do I use PTC sites, myself?" the answer is, yes I do... but I do so knowing the downside risks... plus I use them in a very specific way, and for a very specific reason.

The 2nd is "Do I make money? The answer to that is also YES... but not directly in the way that most 'members' or even site admins think.

I have been 'jobless by choice' since 2010 and just in the past year or so, I have purchased and completely furnished a 2nd home (in the city), added a couple of new vehicles to my collection, taken (and paid for) 5 vacations with family and friends, attended some world-class international concerts, and paid for my sons' university tuition... and done it all with CASH.