Author Topic: List site owner in first post of New PTC Websites section  (Read 6740 times)

• Business Owner
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • Lets Work Together
  • Referrals: 5
    • Revenue Sharing Program
Re: List site owner in first post of New PTC Websites section
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 11:11:18 PM »
there is no way to use your definition in new ptc sites
What is my definition? I am just trying to encourage the posting of the site owner in the first post.

naming owners is useless,
This is where we disagree. In this online world, a username from different forums, social media sites, etc can be of value. What your describing sounds like a crap shoot. Maybe there should be 2 sections  for new sites. One section where it must be the site owner that starts the topic and the other who cares who owns the site.

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 29
  • Referrals: 49
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 12:52:42 PM »
What is my definition? I am just trying to encourage the posting of the site owner in the first post.
Earn means to receive..

naming owners is useless,
This is where we disagree. In this online world, a username from different forums, social media sites, etc can be of value. What your describing sounds like a crap shoot. Maybe there should be 2 sections  for new sites. One section where it must be the site owner that starts the topic and the other who cares who owns the site.

we will have to agree to disagree   ;D
usernames are even more useless than trying to find real names
nobody has a copyright to a username and the same username in no way proves its the same person
my username gets accused of being other people all the time and i have seen known scammers use my username just to promote their crap

we do not need a second board for owners to introduce their sites,  they are welcome to post on new websites and it is their choice whether or not to let us know they are the admin

when a member posts a new site its not really about 'who cares' but more a 'who knows'

• Business Owner
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • Lets Work Together
  • Referrals: 5
    • Revenue Sharing Program
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2013, 01:50:57 PM »
I could say some information is better than no information and Aurora you will say bad information is worse than no information.

I am okay on agreeing to disagree..may I add more information to this topic?  ;D

I only suggested a username as additional information. And I do see that a username can be regarded as intellectual property, especially when there is evidence of branding tied back to a registered entity. But we should not drift too far from the topic.

I believe I made my point that it would be better to include information that helps identify the owner of the site when you start a topic in New Site section. Even is one could post that the site is owned by the same people who owns...blah, blah, blah

when a member posts a new site its not really about 'who cares' but more a 'who knows'
So it is a list of new sites and another opportunity for members to promote their referral links.

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 29
  • Referrals: 49
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2013, 09:20:39 PM »
I could say some information is better than no information and Aurora you will say bad information is worse than no information.
correct ;)

..may I add more information to this topic? 
i was expecting you would  ;D

I only suggested a username as additional information. And I do see that a username can be regarded as intellectual property, especially when there is evidence of branding tied back to a registered entity. But we should not drift too far from the topic.
the point is that usernames are nobodys properties and scammers can use whatever trusted username they choose

I believe I made my point that it would be better to include information that helps identify the owner of the site when you start a topic in New Site section. Even is one could post that the site is owned by the same people who owns...blah, blah, blah
members usually do include this info if a site is really owned by somebody who already owns a 'paying' site
other than that its mostly just a guessing game so its useless to require it

So it is a list of new sites and another opportunity for members to promote their referral links.

actually if you were to check the oldest posts on this forum you would find this forum was made because at the time there was only 1 other ptc forum, ptctalk.com, and that was so corrupted by the owners and their scammer friends that it was totally useless for members 
so yes this is a forum that was made to help members ;D