Author Topic: Just some thoughts  (Read 5660 times)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Banned!
  • Out of my mind...I'll be back in a few minutes.
  • Referrals: 0
Just some thoughts
« on: March 17, 2008, 05:50:08 PM »
Here a few "pyramid schemes"/hierarchical structures in various social, business, and religious aspects of life.

Example #1:  The church is a pyramid.  Take the Roman Catholic Church, for example.

There is one pope (soap on a rope?) at the top.  Beneath the pope, there are cardinals.  Beneath the cardinals, there are archbishops.  Beneath the archbishops, there are parishioners.

Money from parishioners goes to the people at the top.

Example #2:  Take a major corporation like Nike, IBM, Microsoft, McDonald's, etc.

There is usually a Chairman on the Board of Directors at the top.  Then there's the President.  The Vice President is below the President.  The Treasurer is below the VP.  The Secretary is below the Treasurer.

As you go down the line, you have managers, supervisors, and lower-level employees.

Work generally gets delegated downward starting from the top.  However, the people at the top usually make the most money.

Example #3:  This is probably one of the most familiar examples of a hierarchical structure -- a family.

There are parents - traditionally, there are a mother and father at the top.  The parents delegate chores 'downward' to the children.

Example #4:  Take a look at the military.

There is a Commander in Chief at the top.  Then there are Generals.  Below the Generals are Sergeants.  Below the Sergeants are Privates.

We're going to end up in someone's pyramid in some shape, form, or fashion no matter what we do ... so why don't we all just start our own pyramid schemes?   :D  ;D  :P

• BANNED!!
  • Thank You
  • Banned!
Re: Just some thoughts
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 07:11:27 PM »
thats all ptc really is

• Thank You
    • PayToClick.EU
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 07:12:52 PM »

Bravo, Rich.  ;)

• Thank You
  • Banned!
  • Out of my mind...I'll be back in a few minutes.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 01:45:10 AM »
Here's some interesting reading on what red flags constitute a Ponzi scheme  ;)http://hyipblog.nobshyip.net/2007/04/12/ponzi-scheme-%E2%80%93-pond-scum/ 

advertise here