Author Topic: How do you start and run a legitimate PTC?  (Read 5226 times)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • Referrals: 14
Re: How do you start and run a legitimate PTC?
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 02:38:15 PM »
hi andrew welcome to the forum.  Great you wanting to start and run a legitimate ptc but as you have only been a clicker for one week  it might be a good idea just to be a member at a few ptc sites for a while :)

Far too many new site owners have never had any member experience and have no idea what they are doing.  They get into trouble and turn scam in spite of all their good intentions ;)

• BANNED!!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
  • Banned!
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 08:56:02 AM »
Yeah it was, which makes me mad >:(
I've gone through code and other things for a few days, it's really bugging me.
If scott can't help with that i'm going to just upgrade.

Then i'll have to triple check all my customizations to make sure they work with the script. :-\
optimize your sql queries, and make sure to flush them

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2008, 10:00:31 AM »
There was one bad query, and I can't even flush the status because my host won't give me the permissions >:(

• BANNED!!
  • Thank You
  • Banned!
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2008, 01:40:55 PM »
should be an option to anyone with php and mysql access

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 11:02:36 PM »
I think full membership should be free to all members.
Anyways thats just some of my thoughts.

You still have the point of view of an user...  ;) You'll probably change your mind once you're running this kind of business: that income will surely help you, especially at the beginning...

I hope you keep your good intentions, and I wish you good luck and success if you finally decide to do it.

I believe every legit business needs to have a customers perspective or they will loose there focus and become greedy.  I mean your a service to your customers and repeat business is worth more than a high priced one time catch.
Besides in this business you need to keep two groups happy, the member and the advertiser.  If you loose one you will loose them all.  So you must maintain a balance at the cost of your profit margin.
If you keep your standards high even if it means a lower profit margin you will come out ahead.  With more and more traffic multiplying your profit however small you will eventually surpass the limits of a higher profit margin business.

At least this is my theory...

• Thank You
    • PayToClick.EU
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 11:31:24 PM »
I believe every legit business needs to have a customers perspective or they will loose there focus and become greedy.  I mean your a service to your customers and repeat business is worth more than a high priced one time catch.

Yes, littleaj, that sounds good and it should be that way... In theory...

But if you take a look at almost ALL PTCs' TOS, there is always something like this (quote from a big, well-known [and maybe scamming] one):

We have the right to suspend or terminate your account at any time, for any reason and without warning or notice.

If things like this don't change, users would probably NEVER trust PTC completely as a BUSINESS.

• BANNED!!
  • Thank You
  • Banned!
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 05:25:24 AM »
I think full membership should be free to all members.
Anyways thats just some of my thoughts.

You still have the point of view of an user...  ;) You'll probably change your mind once you're running this kind of business: that income will surely help you, especially at the beginning...

I hope you keep your good intentions, and I wish you good luck and success if you finally decide to do it.

Besides in this business you need to keep two groups happy, the member and the advertiser.  If you loose one you will loose them all.  So you must maintain a balance at the cost of your profit margin.
If you keep your standards high even if it means a lower profit margin you will come out ahead.  With more and more traffic multiplying your profit however small you will eventually surpass the limits of a higher profit margin business.

At least this is my theory...
sorry but your theory is wrong it doesn't work that way, if it did it would be alot easier. but because you have other factors it catches you offline.