Author Topic: jennysclixs.info adonly  (Read 4736 times)

• EarnEasyCash.info (3 yrs+ online!)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
  • Referrals: 62
    • EarnEasyCash
    • Email
Re: jennysclicks
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2009, 02:33:56 PM »
You people are harsh.  i am not dishonest. 

I was just asking for specifics.  I believe that someone did something to your site, I was just asking how.  If you did know the specifics, it could be something that other aurora owners can learn from...maybe even prevent with some extra scripting.

I was asking to figure out what your server was like and etc so I can determine if it could happen to other sites too and not just an isolated incident.

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
  • Referrals: 2
    • JennysClixs.info
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2009, 02:53:22 AM »
To be honest, I know nothing about specs or whatever.  Steve does all my programming for me.  I just run the specials and such.  If you have time, I could sit and chat with you on friday or saturday and we can check it out if you want to tell me what to look at or for.

I really appreciate that.  It was just the whole don't trust ptc... that kinda blew my mind.  If I wasn't so honest, I wouldn't be here talking to people and trying to make things right with my site.

Anyways. 

Off to answer mail in my own forum now :)

Talk to you soon!
Jenny

• President & CEO ~ BCE
  • Thank You
  • John Shachter - Black Cat Enterprises
  • Referrals: 5
    • MyPTCClicks.com
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2009, 06:50:24 AM »
Why and How did some crash an Aurora?  Not that I don't believe you, but a straight-hack of the script is impossible to my knowledge.  The only way he could have done it is if he had your password or some inside knowledge OR if the server/DB you run is poorly protected OR if the script was INTENTIONALLY messed with before you got it (or after) to allow someone in. 

What is your server specs?  It should tell you in Cpanel (if you use cpanel)

omg... I'm so new to all this and well, I just moved my site.  The guy who hacked my site was a website owner and well, I don't know.  All I know is that I had people with balances of $2000 and $3000 in my site and well, that's someone messing with my stuff.

I can't even believe anyone would say I am dishonest.

I've been a clicker for 9 years and I'm just trying to learn how to be a website owner.  You people are harsh.  i am not dishonest.  All I know is what I'm told by my programmer and then I pass that on.

Jenny

The admin at AngelPtc.info says she is hacked daily as well... so I don't know.  She says she gets attacks daily though.

I don't think that was what he was trying to say.  I think that he/she (sorry, I don't know) is just trying to get their brain around the problem, and understand what possibly could have gone wrong.  It is more likely that someone with inside knowledge (coder or someone) could have given you a bad copy of the script...perhaps one with a "back door", so that they could mess with your site and or database; that for you to have personally done something wrong.  This is a fear I have all the time.  I just tightened up a loophole I accidentally found the other day with permissions.  I too am not a coder, and have to put a lot of faith and trust on other people because of my lack of knowledge.

Unfortunately, if someone want's to do damage, they usually will find a way to do it.  Be sure to do DAILY backups.  In fact, if your site is getting a lot of traffic every day...you might want to back up the database a couple times a day...just to be safe.  Also, I would recommend that you start to read up on MySQL & PHP....if for no other reason, than to get a basic familiarity with some of the syntax, and how it works.  Also, if you don't already know, you should probably have a basic understanding of HTML.  This is something that I know I can help in...so don't be afraid to ask me.

John

• Thank You
    • JennysClixs.info
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2009, 05:18:38 AM »
Basic html is something I'm very familiar with.  I start classes in the fall on how to do all the other stuff, so I am willing to learn it, just have to wait for my classes to start lol.

And yeah, I don't know.  Steve said he didn't have something in place and that's how they got in.  He said that he put something else up (again, I really don't know what he's talking about half the time, I just nod and smile lol) that should prevent them from coming in.  I don't know.  I will be able to know more come this fall once I start taking programming classes.  Plan to have full knowledge of everything before I open my second site.  I really just had an opportunity to get a site for pretty cheap and jumped at the chance.  I'm trying like hell to make everyone happy, and I'm finding out that just isn't going to happen lol.  I will continue to try though :).

I don't know.

Thanks John for being so nice though.  I appreciate it.

Jenny

• President & CEO ~ BCE
  • Thank You
  • John Shachter - Black Cat Enterprises
  • Referrals: 5
    • MyPTCClicks.com
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2009, 06:18:06 AM »
Basic html is something I'm very familiar with.  I start classes in the fall on how to do all the other stuff, so I am willing to learn it, just have to wait for my classes to start lol.

And yeah, I don't know.  Steve said he didn't have something in place and that's how they got in.  He said that he put something else up (again, I really don't know what he's talking about half the time, I just nod and smile lol) that should prevent them from coming in.  I don't know.  I will be able to know more come this fall once I start taking programming classes.  Plan to have full knowledge of everything before I open my second site.  I really just had an opportunity to get a site for pretty cheap and jumped at the chance.  I'm trying like hell to make everyone happy, and I'm finding out that just isn't going to happen lol.  I will continue to try though :).

I don't know.

Thanks John for being so nice though.  I appreciate it.

Jenny

Your more than welcome Jenny.  We are all here to learn from one another...and we can all find our own success: without having to step on others.  I know that I don't have the only site (nor do I want to).  And although I am quite fond of my site...I am about the members.  I want my members to make money...and the only way that will happen...is by having accounts at multiple site.

Anyways...it will all come together for you.  Although I truly believe that you should have at least some basic knowledge: I don't believe that it is 100% required.  However, the more you know yourself...the quicker you can handle all of those "little fires" that seem to always crop up, when your tech support are not around.  Of course, being a part of a community of like minded people, can also do you great...by networking, and getting information from others who share freely...so we can all be a success.

First a student...then a teacher.  It is part of the "circle of life"...even here in the PTC world.  What goes around...comes around.

John

• Winter Perkins
  • Junior
  • Thank You
  • Referrals: 0
    • Seamless Web Solutions
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2009, 07:10:03 AM »
Hi guys  ;D

I'm new here but I wanted to let Jenny know that yes every PTC site receives tons of hack attempts daily (including AngelPTC.info) which is hosted with us. But the big difference totally depends on what programs, firewalls, and hack attempt/DDOS protection your server has installed on it. Be sure the level of security is almost ridiculous and you should be fine.  :D PTC sites require SOOOO much more protection than your normal website so you need to be sure your server is set up to handle the amount of hack attempts you will receive on a daily basis.

Hope this helps with the security issues!  ;D

• Thank You
    • JennysClixs.info
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2009, 09:39:17 AM »
The owner of AngelPtc.info talks highly of you winter.  Nice to meet you finally :)

And thank you.

Steve put a bunch of things in place after both of our sites were hacked.  It seems to be working.  Hopefully lol.

Thank you for all your wonderful advice.  It really does help :)

Jenny

Hi guys  ;D

I'm new here but I wanted to let Jenny know that yes every PTC site receives tons of hack attempts daily (including AngelPTC.info) which is hosted with us. But the big difference totally depends on what programs, firewalls, and hack attempt/DDOS protection your server has installed on it. Be sure the level of security is almost ridiculous and you should be fine.  :D PTC sites require SOOOO much more protection than your normal website so you need to be sure your server is set up to handle the amount of hack attempts you will receive on a daily basis.

• EarnEasyCash.info (3 yrs+ online!)
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
  • Referrals: 62
    • EarnEasyCash
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2009, 03:34:20 PM »
Hi guys  ;D

Hooray, it's Winter!  Happy first post!   :D

• Winter Perkins
  • Junior
  • Thank You
  • Referrals: 0
    • Seamless Web Solutions
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2009, 03:04:17 AM »
You are very welcome Jenny  ;D & great to meet you too!

It can be tough starting a site and they do get hacked often so I figured a little advice couldn't hurt. You can also really protect your site by adding any of the IP addresses you receive in your hack attempt alert emails to your cPanel and block them there. Also you most times can forward them to your host and they're more than happy to add them to the firewall of their servers as well... so everyone is more protected!  ;D If you ever have any questions, please feel free to ask. John gave you very very good advice when he recommended keeping your own daily (even 2 times daily) backups of the site. Normally a host does this for you, but I've seen so many people lose sites because they assumed the backups were being taken care of but they weren't. You can never be too sure so excellent advice John.  :)

Hiiiiiiii EEC  ;D Yay my first post, hopefully many more to come. Anyone can feel free to PM or email me with hosting questions. I'd like to help here as much as I can.  :)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 03:06:54 AM by designsbywinter »