Author Topic: How To Not Get Scammed  (Read 6363 times)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • alightheartedtalk.blogspot
  • Referrals: 0
    • A light hearted Talk
Re: How To Not Get Scammed
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 01:16:30 PM »
Hope that no one gets scammed after reading this.

• Outlaw 9-6
  • Thank You
    • Recommended Clicks
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 08:04:25 AM »
@carvalho20

http://ptc-investigations.blogspot.com/ is no longer active. You guys should check their site instead.

PTC Investigations also has a guide on how to spot SCAM sites in their Hints & Tips
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 08:07:12 AM by hjf040790 »

• Junior
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2011, 03:30:21 PM »
Thanks for the tips, its very helpful. I still do not use PTC blogs to determine if I join a site because a lot of them hate on a popular site to get people to register on another site.

• Thank You
  • Referrals: 2
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2011, 08:45:36 PM »
I've been scammed by other sites as well: they started good but in the end they've taken money from many users and made people like me waste time... :-\

So, If you wanna join a PTC, PTR, whatever site that pays you to click, here's my advices:

1) Never join a site which is owned by a known scammer.

Examples: J.J., Samantha Shephard, Maderite(Lola/anmlwalkr), Eric Lew, Michael 'Mike' Pratt and GPT Networks.

If a PTC site is owned and administrated by these people above, don't join, for frog's sake! :o

2) Suspect of sites that only offer AlertPay as a payment processor.
Because the owner: or is a kid(with an unverified account) or a well-known scammer.

3) Join sites which has an admin with a good reputation(trusted) and/or has more than 2 years.

So, be careful with new sites. If they don't last, at least 6 mouths, then, It's a scam.

4) Never join sites which requires you to pay to be paid.

Also, never join sites which requires you to invest a part of your money in order to you get paid.

Examples: TrekPay, YourBestBux.com and other site with rules like "50/50", "40/60", "10/50" etc.

PTC means Paid to Click not Pay to Click.

5) Visit sites and forums which talks about PTC and warns people about scam sites.

That way, you can have an idea on how the scam sites act and don't get scammed again.

Some good sites to you visit:

http://ptc-investgations.blogspot.com/ - PTC Investigations Blog

http://www.southernpal.com/surfing4cash-blog.html - Southernpal's PTC Site

http://papaiclick.blogspot.com/ - PapaiMark's Blog (Papai=friend ;D)

http://ptcsites-scam.blogspot.com/ - Panos' Guide on "How To Be Scammed"

http://www.genuine-ptcs.com/index.php - ricmetal's "Genuine PTCs" site

http://www.talkptc.com/ - TalkPTC (the site which you're now ;) )

6) Suspect of sites that has its *'whois' protected and/or guarded.

A PTC site that hides information from you can't be fully trusted. Or it's owned by a known scammer or by a kid with (an) unverified account(s) (AlertPay, PayPal, etc...).

7) A site that violates its TOS, even only once, is a perfect candidate to turn in a scam. No exceptions. >:(

8 ) When a site has more negative than positive feedbacks, It's a perfect candidate to be a scam site. Bux.to anyone ?  ::)

9) Never join a site which has a ripped-off (generally, stolen) layout from another site. If he/she can't buy a decent layout or make it from scratch, how he/she'll pay his/her members ? :-\

Example: Paid2YouTube

10) Never join sites which uses a *free hosting. If a he/she can't buy a decent hosting, how he/she will pay his/her members ? :-\

Example:
- Sites with "co.cc" on the end of its link;
- Sites with ".ws" on the end of its link;
- Site hosted by "namecheap.com".

11) Be careful while joining "BuxHost" 'generic' sites. Because, as I've learned with Southernpal and here:

"Most of the owners do not have a clue on How to run a PTC site."

12) If a site stops paying, leave. Don't wait no more a second, just leave.

This generally happens when the admin confesses that PayPal or AlertPay has frozen his/her account due to "n" reason(s).
If that happens, leave and don't waste your time anymore there. ::)

13) Never join sites that gives you high click rates per click and/or per e-mail read.

Example:

If:

Clicks - are from $0,10 to $1,00;

Paid to Read E-mails - are from $5,00 to $15,00 and

Payout - are from $5.000 to $30.000

Don't join a site like that!

These kind of sites are unsustainable. Trusted site will pay you no more than $0,02 per click and $0,01 per e-mail read, so, step away from these scammers. >:(

14) Always read the T.O.S. (Terms of Service) and F.A.Q. (Frequented Asked Questions) of the site.

Because it's from there you'll know If a site is scam or not.

15) Check out If a site has a forum.

This is important, because, If a site doesn't has a forum, it means that the admin doesn't want to "have trouble" with the members.

Well, that's all I know by far, and If someone wants to add some more tips, just reply to this thread.

And I'd like to see this thread as a 'sticky', you know. ;D This should be useful for those who are starting in PTC. ;)

(lol long post ;D)

EDIT 1: Added two more sites on tip number 5. ;)

EDIT 2: Some things added and writing 'fixed'. ;)
---------------------
* What's "Whois" ?

'Whois' is a tool used to know who owns a certain site.

You put the link of a site in the box and then it's given to you a detailed information about the site which you want to lookup.

http://whois.domaintools.com/ - 'Who is' site

Another useful on-line tool is the 'Robtex' site - http://www.robtex.com/

2) Suspect of sites that only offer AlertPay as a payment processor.
Because the owner: or is a kid(with an unverified account) or a well-known scammer.

Not Agree. Paypal is making more and more famous for frozen accounts with no reason, there are very good sites that are not using Paypal to avoid the risk of been frozen in a good moment and then loose their business

3) Join sites which has an admin with a good reputation(trusted) and/or has more than 2 years.[/b]

So, be careful with new sites. If they don't last, at least 6 mouths, then, It's a scam.

I agree that people has to be careful with new sites, but "If they don't last, at least 6 mouths, then, It's a scam." So new entrepreneurs with good ideas that has been studying the market (I know they are not much) should no start a new PTC, because according to you the day they just start they are Scammers

4) Never join sites which requires you to pay to be paid.

Also, never join sites which requires you to invest a part of your money in order to you get paid.

Not Agree. I like investment sites, If somebody do not like that I respect that, but the first site that paid me (and still do) was an investment site, I think that they are more stable (my personal opinion). Also I have been paid in sites that do not required invest. Maybe you should check Incrasebux, is kind of famous with 2 years and Break your fantastic rules

11) Be careful while joining "BuxHost" 'generic' sites. Because, as I've learned with Southernpal and here:

"Most of the owners do not have a clue on How to run a PTC site."

Be careful of any site... I think that BuxHost is a good script but there are many bad Admins buying it. What is that "generic" ? So according to you most of site are generics... because they use same scripts. Buxhost has very cheap prices so anybody can create a new site and of course like any other script, is some body with no experience and not a clue about this business buy Buxhost, Zeus, Aurora or any other script will fail. Is a bad thing that buxhost site offers very cheap price? maybe yes or maybe not. Remember that many big companies (like google) start from Just students with a good Idea and vision, with just a few dollars, but others company with lot of money and resources that invest a lot of money don't get results

I think that there are many good way to offers an advise with out put your personal frustrations or paranoid, the next time try to be more humble.

• Junior
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 05:41:32 AM »
Excellent thread! I've learned so much! This is amazing!!!

• you're welcome
  • Thank You
  • Referrals: 3
    • GoldSmugglers
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 08:13:43 AM »
very nice post! keep it up. there so many things to learn about tips and technique about ptc. it help a lot. thanks for sharing...

« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 08:23:54 AM by Aurora »

• Chill out man
  • Thank You
  • Referrals: 1
    • Secrets about many online games
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 02:08:21 PM »
do a whois.net request to get a lot of information of the site and never join sites which are run on a free hoster like godaddy.com (best example here was palmbux.com)

http://www.whois.net(the actual link) to go for the domain information.

• Thank You
  • Referrals: 7
    • Paying Sites Review
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 05:07:09 PM »
do a whois.net request to get a lot of information of the site and never join sites which are run on a free hoster like godaddy.com (best example here was palmbux.com)

http://www.whois.net(the actual link) to go for the domain information.

Well agree to free hosting is bad but godaddy you have to pay for.

• you're welcome
  • Thank You
  • Referrals: 3
    • GoldSmugglers
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 05:33:03 AM »
this is a very good tips! thanks for sharing. more power!

• Thank You
  • Banned!
  • Referrals: 1
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2011, 02:45:08 AM »
You guys really shouldn't generalise Bux site, I am a Bux site owner, I admit I dont have a lot of experience but I am willing to learn, and as with many a learning curve mistakes can and probably will be made. But if one is willing to make a good go of their Bux site they can learn by the mistakes. I will give a good example. One Bux site I joined a little while ago, ONBUX3, I have nothing but praise for their team, When my pay threshold is ready, there is not one problem in getting paid. Everytime too!
So, ladies and gentlemen, not all Bux Sites are bad.
I hope my site will be as good as ONBUX 3 in time.