Author Topic: See if any of this sounds familiar ...  (Read 3505 times)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Banned!
  • Out of my mind...I'll be back in a few minutes.
  • Referrals: 0
See if any of this sounds familiar ...
« on: May 16, 2008, 12:40:44 PM »
Here are some excerpts from an e-book about HYIP sites.  A lot of the same principles that are mentioned can apply to Ponzi PTC sites/Bux investment schemes. 

Around 99.99% of all HYIPs open to the public on the internet and other sources are nothing but blatant ponzis. Around 50-100 are sometimes started in a single day, and you'd be extremely lucky to pick just one out of that 50-100 that was legitimately investing in something worthwhile as opposed to the basic, illegal "rob Peter to pay Paul" method.

Due to the release of "Goldcoders" and other similar uniform HYIP scripts, even an 8-year old can create his own HYIP within minutes. Most of the HYIPs started on a daily basis are just a dull copy of some cheap script, and will "die" within 2-4 weeks, which essentially means that the scamming Admin runs with all their victim's money.

There are 3 main types of HYIP programs:

1. Blatant (AKA "Naked" or "obvious") Ponzis-
Usually have one or more of the following characteristics: Poor website design and/or quality, uniform database from a common script, ridiculous high rates ranging anywhere from 5-10% ROI in one day or even 1000% in one day, and little to no information about how financial gains are accumulated.

It is also worth mentioning that most blatant ponzis are run by "Serial Scammers:" People who create new ponzi HYIPs every month- sometimes even every week- just to steal a few bucks here and there.

2. Long-term Ponzis-
These programs may or may not have one or more of the characteristics described earlier; however, if so, they are usually not obvious or revealed until the end of the game. Long-term ponzis may last as long as a couple months or even a few years. They can usually accredit their impressive lifespan to: A unique theme and marketing concept, strong support team, somewhat lower and reasonable investment returns (especially compared to blatant ponzis), exponential outreach through a respectable and motivating referral program, and a growing sense of infallibility and blind faith (ultimately resulting from individual greed) among the specific HYIP's community.

Some of these programs grow so wide and popular that they are well remembered by the HYIP industry, in which their info can be fully researched online. Some examples would include: PIPS, Studiotraffic, 12DailyPro, AlienTrust, SolidInvestment, CEP (ColonEndParentheses), Tri-Star Media, A3Union, M-Investment

3. Legitimate-
It is very- and I stress- VERY rare to come across a legitimate HYIP. And when I say legitimate, I imply that the administrator or acting President/CEO has proven that 100% of returns are yielded through real company profits, investing, trading, or a combination of the three. Most of time when an "investor" believes he has discovered a Legitimate HYIP, he has only joined the supporting crowd of a Long-term Ponzi. Most, if not all Long-term ponzis originally come across as Legitimate programs and fool their members into believing the same.

Be forewarned: Unless a HYIP can demonstrate and prove that it deserves to be classified as "Legitimate," it is always far wiser for your own sake and the sake of others to assume you are merely playing a "Long-term Ponzi." In the world of business and investing, the burden of proof lies with the company; NOT the participants. And be forewarned that common, poor logic about "proof" is littered across the internet. Reasons such as "The admin seems so honest and reliable" , "It has been successfully paying me for a long time" , "Our numbers are growing larger and larger" are NOT acceptable arguments by themselves to prove that a program deserves to be classified as a Legitimate HYIP.

Whether you plan to participate in long-term HYIPs or gamble in short-term, blatant ponzis, please remember that golden rule: Never invest more than you can afford to lose!!!

I cannot stress this point enough! I'm amazed at some of the reckless testimonies I've read about people maxing out their credit cards and even mortgaging their homes for cold cash just in order to participate in the HYIP industry. When the programs collapsed, most of these foolish individuals suffered terrible financial consequences, along with extreme embarrasment from their friends, family and colleagues. Please do not let this happen to you.

• Thank You
    • PayToClick.EU
Re: See if any of this sounds familiar ...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 06:37:15 PM »
Around 99.99% of all HYIPs open to the public on the internet and other sources are nothing but blatant ponzis.

LOL, just like PTC programs!  :D  >:(

Around 50-100 are sometimes started in a single day, and you'd be extremely lucky to pick just one out of that 50-100 that was legitimately investing in something worthwhile as opposed to the basic, illegal "rob Peter to pay Paul" method.

Oh, that sounds sooooo familiar...  ::)

even an 8-year old can create his own HYIP within minutes.

Hehehe... Like on PTC subworld, yeah, and there's even a kindergarden forum where they all can play scam (I'm getting old, I guess, in my childhood we had Playmobil, Lego, and comps like Commodore, Spectrum or Armstrad...)  ;)

Most of the HYIPs started on a daily basis are just a dull copy of some cheap script, and will "die" within 2-4 weeks, which essentially means that the scamming Admin runs with all their victim's money.

I wonder if they also get hacked so many times and quickly as on PTC (sarcasm).

Usually have one or more of the following characteristics: Poor website design and/or quality, uniform database from a common script, ridiculous high rates ranging anywhere from 5-10% ROI in one day or even 1000% in one day, and little to no information about how financial gains are accumulated.

In PTC, these kind of sites make "scam list", "sites to stay away from lists" and "black list" exist.

It is also worth mentioning that most blatant ponzis are run by "Serial Scammers:" People who create new ponzi HYIPs every month- sometimes even every week- just to steal a few bucks here and there.

Yeah, multi-site-owners, there are some individuals who do the same, and I don't want to mention them, I mean, I don't want to mention Ronnie.

2. Long-term Ponzis-
These programs may or may not have one or more of the characteristics described earlier; however, if so, they are usually not obvious or revealed until the end of the game. Long-term ponzis may last as long as a couple months or even a few years. They can usually accredit their impressive lifespan to: A unique theme and marketing concept, strong support team, somewhat lower and reasonable investment returns (especially compared to blatant ponzis), exponential outreach through a respectable and motivating referral program, and a growing sense of infallibility and blind faith (ultimately resulting from individual greed) among the specific HYIP's community.

Right, there's a good example of this one on PTC, it's the one who has more members than some countries (at, least, that's what they say). Well, but I have only seen bots in Japan and a few more countries yet :p

Some of these programs grow so wide and popular that they are well remembered by the HYIP industry, in which their info can be fully researched online. Some examples would include: PIPS, Studiotraffic, 12DailyPro, AlienTrust, SolidInvestment, CEP (ColonEndParentheses), Tri-Star Media, A3Union, M-Investment

Some of those are being analyzed on some universities, lol

Reasons such as "The admin seems so honest and reliable" , "It has been successfully paying me for a long time" , "Our numbers are growing larger and larger" are NOT acceptable arguments by themselves to prove that a program deserves to be classified as a Legitimate HYIP.

This reminds me the adicting "success stories" published and promoted through paid ads by the biggest PTC ponzis of our glorious time. But in this case it doesn't prove anything, excepting a very good ponzi marketing trick.

Whether you plan to participate in long-term HYIPs or gamble in short-term, blatant ponzis, please remember that golden rule: Never invest more than you can afford to lose!!!

That's exactly what everyone is told, but also ignore. Regrets, headaches, anger (and maybe violence) comes a bit later.

I cannot stress this point enough! I'm amazed at some of the reckless testimonies I've read about people maxing out their credit cards and even mortgaging their homes for cold cash just in order to participate in the HYIP industry. When the programs collapsed, most of these foolish individuals suffered terrible financial consequences, along with extreme embarrasment from their friends, family and colleagues. Please do not let this happen to you.

Isn't there someone trying to start the new BA (Buxoholics Anonymous) project?  8)

Now, seriously, good post, and good final advices, Rich. Karma +1, for being useful, as always  ;)

• Thank You
  • Banned!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 06:58:29 PM »
Thank you for your input, BRL.   ;)

Yeah, multi-site-owners, there are some individuals who do the same, and I don't want to mention them, I mean, I don't want to mention Ronnie.

Yes, "Serial Scammers" is a great term for people like Ronnie and others ... their mugshots could appear on the front of a Scam Flakes [cereal] box.   ;)  :D

(We never had this "chat" about an "illegal" copy of the information.   8)  8)  ;D

It wasn't me  :P ...)

• Thank You
    • PayToClick.EU
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 07:06:02 PM »
LMFAO!

Ok... Sshhhhh!  ;)  :D  :P

Nice picture, LOL!

• BANNED!!
  • Thank You
  • China should be banned at all ptc sites
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 05:45:07 PM »
wow thats really sad when all attributes of HYIP industry can now apply to all bux sites perfectly   :D  >:(

when oh when will this stupidity stop? .... ;D :D  >:(

• Thank You
  • Banned!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 03:10:14 PM »
wow thats really sad when all attributes of HYIP industry can now apply to all bux sites perfectly   :D  >:(

Yes, it's really a shame.   :-\

There have been many HYIP and AutoSurf monitors in the past ... now there are even PTC monitors.  Sites like invest-analyzer.com point to PTCs as "another way to invest your money" or another "investment opportunity."

• Thank You
  • Banned!
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 02:37:18 AM »
And just as there are cheerleaders in the HYIP scene and other programs ... these same characters (sometimes referred to as buxtards) exist with PTC sites.

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
  • Referrals: 14
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 07:56:30 PM »

not exactly what i pictured buxtards to look like :D i honestly dont think tri is that cute ;D

• Thank You
  • Banned!
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 08:08:40 PM »
not exactly what i pictured buxtards to look like :D i honestly dont think tri is that cute ;D

Yes, I couldn't see Tri as a girl ... although he does act like one sometimes.   :D  ;D  :P

• Thank You
    • PayToClick.EU
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 05:10:58 AM »
Yes, I couldn't see Tri as a girl ... although he does act like one sometimes.   :D  ;D  :P

I always believed he/she is a she, and I haven't changed my mind...

:D

advertise here