Author Topic: China Bans the Beating of Internet Addicts  (Read 2145 times)

• Sir (...soon) (maybe)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 17
  • Referrals: 33
    • Visit me
China Bans the Beating of Internet Addicts
« on: November 06, 2009, 10:41:52 AM »
 Now it's less scary to admit that you have a problem.

Internet addiction treatment clinics are popping up all over the world.
During early September we learned of a rehab center that offered habit-kicking programs for addictions to things such as World of Warcraft for just $14,000.
Britain has launched its own internet addiction program as well.

While each country may have a different cultural view on how to deal with addiction,
the Chinese government has outlined what not to do with internet addicted youths – and that's physically beating them.

The AFP reported that China is banning the beating and confinement of youths being treated for internet addiction.
The new regulations posted on the health ministry's website on Wednesday and stressed that restraint must be used in dealing with such youngsters.

The notice read: "Parents and teachers must analyse the causes and not arbitrarily condemn, hit or scold youths...
intervention methods that restrict personal freedom are strictly forbidden and corporal punishment (is) strictly forbidden."

Such regulation is likely in response to the death of a 15-year-old boy, who was beat to death at an internet addiction camp in southern China's Guangxi region.

China currently has an estimated 400 private internet rehabilitation clinics.

Why are governments so harsh some times, even though the central authorities in China put a stop to this it was local government clinics that used this. In America it's boot camps for "Troubled Youths" that have caused deaths while tying to "reform" these kids. And no seems to troubled by all this. Just my opinion. The world needs more compassion.
sadly, some of these rehab boot camps in U.S. are privately owned businesses and they keep kids/teens there as long as they can just to make money, even when there's nothing wrong with the kids/teens.

I am addicted and...
I like it!

• Expert PHP Programmer
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • http://www.offerscript.net
Re: China Bans the Beating of Internet Addicts
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 05:00:44 PM »
LoL i didn't think wow addiction was all that bad of a thing.

• Thank You
    • mhmm
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 07:11:05 PM »
LoL i didn't think wow addiction was all that bad of a thing.
WoW is like the most fatal game, About 3 or 4 people have died from playing it too much ( and not eating) now, i think

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 11:27:24 PM »
lol
god bless the queen