Author Topic: Server host that can grow with my site?  (Read 515 times)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Referrals: 0
Server host that can grow with my site?
« on: June 11, 2024, 10:18:32 AM »
I'm launching a WordPress site next month that I believe will grow faster than expected. I'm not sure what's the best choice for hosting. I currently have a VPS host (who I really like as a host - they're local with killer support) and I'm not sure if that's the best route or not. My current VPS (12gb ram) has multiple failures a day with automatic restarts. It's hosting a one multisite install (with 3 active subsites, 4-5 inactive subsites and less than 100 visitors a day total on average), a second site with 60-70 visitors a day and 2 other sites that are lucky to get one visitor a day. The failures have me concerned that 1 site 300-500 members and 1000 hits a day will need a lot more resource-wise than what I have now. I don't think that there's that huge a load on it (though maybe the multisite is a resource hog?). So I'm really not sure which way to go - and perhaps it's because I don't understand hosting that well. A distributed grid sounds cool, but does it work in practice? Is eventually getting a dedicated server unavoidable? What the hell do sites that have a lot of members and traffic do?

What can you say about Zipservers.com dedicated servers for rent hosting? Any reviews? Other hosts?
All advice will be appreciated - I'm planning on launching my site, I need to get this squared away ASAP. Thanks!

• Thank You
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Server host that can grow with my site?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2024, 10:07:35 AM »
It is a good idea to speak to web host's representative to make sure that you'll receive exactly what you need.
Take a look at CentoServer.com solutions. They did the backups and transfers until the old host finally made a good copy that was usable. They spent about a week just to get my sites all moved and running correct.

• Thank You
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2024, 02:36:48 PM »
I?d recommend Neironvps.com to any webmaster who needs to develop his/her online business without serious troubles.
They make the extra effort to be helpful. Very good price, great service. Would recommend these guys to anyone, either starting out web hosting or for more experienced

• Thank You
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2024, 10:12:37 AM »
A dedicated server is necessary for those who have a site whose traffic increases significantly during holidays and weekends (this also applies to ?seasonal? sites).
Check out Webhost.pro dedicated servers. Uptime is high enough (no downtime noticed). Support replies fast with no delays. Also they have really nice prices for such a level of the service.