• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • Lets Work Together
  • Referrals: 5
    • Revenue Sharing Program
eeCash
« on: December 01, 2009, 09:18:56 PM »
How not to treat a customer and knowing how not to make things worse.

I am a business owner and how I treat customers is critical to the success of my business.

In the last few months I have spent several hundred dollars to promote my business. I don't say this to gloat about the amount of money I spent but to make you aware that I am also a customer. I buy advertising and I make money online and its not just from clicking ads.

I find it extremely confusing why a site owner feels they have to make life difficult for a customer.

I bought some advertising from this owner and I did not receive it. I used the contact form on his site to request an update on my advertisement. I believe it was at least twice but I don't remember for sure. After 2 days I decided to post on the support forum that was provided. More time passed and the post was never answered. It was deleted. One day we meet in the chat area and we chat for the first time. Well to my surprise this guy acts like he really does not want my business and I felt he was rude to his customer. I left the chat area since the conversation wasn't going very well. All I know is I paid for something, I didn't get it and here is the owner of the site trying to make it look like I did something wrong.

Finally I made the decision to put a claim in PP to get my money back. Its the first time I had ever done this but hey, I pay lots of fees to PP for a service and they are there to protect me as a buyer and a seller.

After putting my claim in PP I wait several days and I still do not get a reply or my refund.

Today, I had the opportunity to chat with Mr. Matthew McLaughlin

He still didn't get the fact that I was his customer and I was supporting his business. I will include some snippet of our chat. He even tried to muddy the waters by making it a personal issue. After his insult I said the conversation is over. So what does he do? Uses his moderator power to ban me from the chat. Go figure. So that makes the second time I have ever been ban. One from EMS, which I am proud of and now the second from TalkPTC chat.

[fjworld] 4:12 pm: eecash, Please...did you not get a message from paypal?
[eecash] 4:13 pm: @ fjworld if you mean a CLAIM or w/e then no, i haven 't checked but if your talking about a Claim then there is no
rush at all
[eecash] 4:13 pm: i receive messages from pp all the time, i get messages for every payment...sometimes 2 messages per payment
[fjworld] 4:15 pm: You receive money from me, you did not deliver what you sold, I waited and after waiting long enough and listened
to your rant I put a claim in PP
[fjworld] 4:15 pm: You know what needs to be done, don't make it worst
[eecash] 4:16 pm: ok, thats fine then.  I don't feel like arguing with u about it.  we talked about it but u left all angry.
[fjworld] 4:16 pm: I can always posy a complaint on this forum but I am giving you some more time
[eecash] 4:16 pm: Feel free fjworld.  Feel free.
[fjworld] 4:16 pm: Actually I was not angry
[fjworld] 4:16 pm: I do not like poor service

[eecash] 4:16 pm: ok, you were not angry....seriously, i don't care.
[fjworld] 4:17 pm: Go to your paypal account and refung the money...and you should care
[eecash] 4:18 pm: no, i mean i don't care if you were angry or not.
[fjworld] 4:18 pm: I will put the money in Cash Harvest, at least they deliver on time     
[eecash] 4:18 pm: that is fine, cash-harvest is a safe bet.
[eecash] 4:19 pm: i have always recommended cash-harvest, even after his buddy messed with my site
[fjworld] 4:19 pm: I was your customer, I don't understand the way you conduct business
[eecash] 4:21 pm: what are you talking about? the first time i met you, you were being angry at other members.  I told you both to be
quiet and then you took it personal
[fjworld] 4:22 pm: your just muddingthe waters

Note: At this point Matt send me a private chat. He says he wants it resolved and again I say he just needs to do a refund. He wants to make it a bigger issue. I don't take the bait and I indicate it has nothing to do about getting personal. The next line he posted in the private chat and I closed the private chat window.

[fjworld] 4:27 pm: [eecash] 4:27 pm: nope, looking for a reason why your such a dick about 4$

Note: It wasn't just $4.00 and he had an opportunity to get more if his service was good.
Dec 1, 2009       Refund From   Matthew McLaughlin   Completed   Details       $3.30 USD
Dec 1, 2009       Refund From   Matthew McLaughlin   Completed   Details       $1.40 USD
Dec 1, 2009       Refund From   Matthew McLaughlin   Completed   Details       $3.30 USD

[fjworld] 4:27 pm: I conversation is over with you eecash
[fjworld] 4:27 pm: your are imature
[eecash] 4:28 pm: fine with me, your a huge dick, no wonder you are banned from forums
[eecash] 4:28 pm: i am refunding you your money.
[fjworld] 4:29 pm: eecash you have 24 hours to refund or I post a complaint
[fjworld] 4:29 pm: I am banned from EMS only
[eecash] 4:29 pm: guess how many i am banned from? 0 you dick
[fjworld] 4:29 pm: and I am now pround to be banned from there
[eecash] 4:29 pm: don't be in here when i am, i am done with you

At this point he gave me the boot from the chat.

Now since he still didn't get the message about how to treat customers I have decided to make this post now. The refunds above came in while I was typing this post.

So Matt,  first lesson you need to learn.
The customer is always right. Even if you don't like him/her

Second lesson and even more important. The way you conduct yourself under difficult situations is just as important and sometimes more important then the issue itself. This one may be more challenging for you.

My apology for another winded post but now that I vented I feel much better.

• Business Owner
  • Thank You
  • Lets Work Together
Re: eeCash
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 09:20:48 PM »
Private mesage received from moderator.

Refund sent.

Watch yourself, you were writing a complaint but you wisely decided against it.  False complaints = banned right away.  Fortunately for us moderators, we have the ability to make sure members comply.  Posting is a privilege, not a right.

Have fun at TalkPTC.com   

• EarnEasyCash.info (3 yrs+ online!)
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
  • Referrals: 62
    • EarnEasyCash
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 11:20:32 PM »
fjworld, this is a complaint section for PTC not to complain about a user.   You entitled your post eeCash.  That is my screenname, not the PTR you apparently are questioning which is EarnEasyPTR.  Also, warning you about submitting false complaints is fine...it truly is not allowed so in fact I did you a favor by stopping you before you did something dumb.  I also told you to have fun at TalkPTC.com, how could you take it the wrong way.

When we talked 48 hrs after your purchase I explained EarnEasyPTR ads are not automatic like Aurora PTCs, they are manually added.  I asked you repeatedly in Chat for your email so i could give you a refund right then and there but instead you decided to leave.  It was a very simple request that any other member would gladly answer to get this problem resolved.

You received your refund PRIOR to this post so your complaint is that you think I have bad customer skills.  :D

Your opinion has been taken into consideration, thanks. 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 12:03:17 AM by eecash »

• Business Owner
  • Thank You
  • Lets Work Together
eePTR
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 12:07:01 AM »
From eecash:
Now your trying to be cute.  I told you again twice already, now again.  Last warning.
If something can't be posted as a complaint, don't pretend to be sneaky and post the link to it.  This post was a link.  You already have a "redirect" link pointing to the FLAME! section.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 12:17:50 AM by eecash »

• Business Owner
  • Thank You
  • Lets Work Together
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 12:37:23 AM »
fjworld, this is a complaint section for PTC not to complain about a user.   You entitled your post eeCash.  That is my screenname, not the PTR you apparently are questioning which is EarnEasyPTR.  Also, warning you about submitting false complaints is fine...it truly is not allowed so in fact I did you a favor by stopping you before you did something dumb.  I also told you to have fun at TalkPTC.com, how could you take it the wrong way.

When we talked 48 hrs after your purchase I explained EarnEasyPTR ads are not automatic like Aurora PTCs, they are manually added.  I asked you repeatedly in Chat for your email so i could give you a refund right then and there but instead you decided to leave.  It was a very simple request that any other member would gladly answer to get this problem resolved.

You received your refund PRIOR to this post so your complaint is that you think I have bad customer skills.  :D

Your opinion has been taken into consideration, thanks. 

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry fjworld, you are banned from using this forum!
I warned you about posting false complaints. Flame belongs in the FLAME! category. 2 Day Ban

You do have poor customer skills because you keep proving it.

You also took advantage of your powers here by banning after I provided proof of my complaint.

You are the owner of the site so don't weasel out of your responsibility. Like its not a valid complaint because its about you and not the site. Give me a break. You have done this yourself. I'm more than twice your age and obviously my memory is at least twice as good as yours.

I'm glad you moved this to the flame section so I can unload a bit more.

When we talked 48 hrs after your purchase I explained EarnEasyPTR ads are not automatic like Aurora PTCs, they are manually added.  I asked you repeatedly in Chat for your email so i could give you a refund right then and there but instead you decided to leave.  It was a very simple request that any other member would gladly answer to get this problem resolved.

What kind of BS is this? We were talking about me not being happy with your service and you started with personal attacks. Remember that you had no time for someone running a little site like mine.

Keep digging a hole and eventually you will fall in because you are not wise enough to say I am truly sorry for delivering such a bad service. The fact is you said that eePTR wasn't that important  or something in that line. You probably have access to the log. I don't need it because I know what I said and not once have I made any personal attack. I also did not say things like people say you are a jerk. You know the silly tactics that immature kids would use. Your mother wears ganny boots. Rats, I just made a personal attack. Boy! I'm glad its in the flame section so it doesn't really count,right. We are just releasing a bit of frustration.

Anyway, I enjoy your entertainment but I could never recommend your sites. I may in the future if things improve but right now I will take my advertising dollars somewhere else where I will not be insulted. Shame on you for making a business transaction into a personal attack.

Now you can come back and flame me since that's what you wanted.

Oh! Just in case you forgot, if you join fjPTC do read the policy on the support forum. I do what I say.

I also suggest you update yours since you are now saying it can take several days for advertisements to be placed in circulation.

• Sir (...soon) (maybe)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 17
  • Referrals: 33
    • Visit me
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 12:42:56 AM »
I don´t like my private/personal messages quoted in free posts.

I don´t like to see other members pm quoted in free posts.

• EarnEasyCash.info (3 yrs+ online!)
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
  • Referrals: 62
    • EarnEasyCash
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 12:47:40 AM »
I banned you for ignoring my warning completely.  You acknowledge with your own post that you received and read the message but you did it anyways.  I decided, however, to be lenient and I unbanned you.  Yes, I unbanned you...not Aurora, not anyone else.

You just don't understand.  I don't want to flame you, I simply don't want to talk to you anymore.  Your the one with the mile long posts where you rant about me, not vice versa.

So post another long message no one reads, I don't care. 

• Business Owner
  • Thank You
  • Lets Work Together
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 01:01:24 AM »
I don´t like my private/personal messages quoted in free posts.

I don´t like to see other members pm quoted in free posts.

I don't like people in positions of authority that do not have the experience to be there.

Don't be naive.

• Business Owner
  • Thank You
  • Lets Work Together
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 01:30:22 AM »
I banned you for ignoring my warning completely.  You acknowledge with your own post that you received and read the message but you did it anyways.  I decided, however, to be lenient and I unbanned you.  Yes, I unbanned you...not Aurora, not anyone else.

You just don't understand.  I don't want to flame you, I simply don't want to talk to you anymore.  Your the one with the mile long posts where you rant about me, not vice versa.

Your warning was an attempt to keep me quiet and an abuse of power. Now I'm banned from a public Chat for 10 hours because you called me a dick.  ;D

C'mon you must be laughing, I know I am.

Yes, I unbanned you...not Aurora, not anyone else.
Now I'm laughing out loud because I sense you want me to thank you for such a nice deed. ;D

You just don't understand.

Understand what? Don't leave it to speculation. Say it!

I don't want to flame you,
..but you did and I am not betting that you won't do it again.  ;D

I simply don't want to talk to you anymore.
Yeah! Will see. I suppose at a brief moment just before you hit the ban user link you really believed that you could just ban me and your frustration would disappear because you wouldn't have to talk to me anymore.

Hmm, where have I heard this before. The online world is so small these days.

Seriously Matt,

Its a tough business we are into and shit happens. Sometimes its just a dog eat dog day.

Maybe you run a tight ship like I do and you also have lots of confidence in what you do, like me  ;D and that in itself is part of being successful in this market.
So accept the fact that I didn't like your advertising service. Had you come across differently and less combative to your customer then I would have joined another one of your site and I would have spent some advertising dollars there but not now. Maybe later when things improve.

Do you see me as just one person so whatever I post you don't care because its of little or no consequence?

This is something I could never tell a potential customer, that I don't care.

• Sir (...soon) (maybe)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 17
  • Referrals: 33
    • Visit me
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 01:31:37 AM »
And who has?

You showed that no experience is needed to be banned, and banned, and banned....

I don't like people in positions of authority that do not have the experience to be there.
Neither I. Neither I.
Neither
 I.

Edited: And banned....
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 01:35:14 AM by PapaiMark »

advertise here